Hey y'all

Love for music has been the only constant thing in my life. Everything else is just unpredictable, amazing and at times, downright alarming! So, this blog is dedicated to music and my unpredictable, amazing and alarming life.... xoxo.





Tuesday, September 20, 2011

About religion

If i had been born into a Muslim family, i would have automatically become a Muslim, without giving thought to any other religion. If i had been born into a family of atheists, i probably would have been an atheist because i would be brought up to believe that there was no such thing as a supreme God. If after birth i was abandoned and then adopted by a Hindu family, i would have ended up practicing Hinduism with the rest of my family. My point is, there are certain defining factors that are thrust upon us by birth,like our religion, tribe, even our status in life as rich or poor until we are able to make our own decisions or circumstances change them for us.
My focus right now is religion, why do we settle for what we were born into? Is it because we trust that the right decisions were made for us or we just cant be bothered to truly find our faith. Does a thing as important as the God we pay allegiance to deserve to be left in the hands of just anyone? Shouldn't our faith be discovered by us?
For what its worth, this is something I've given a lot of thought to and over the years, I've come to realise that Christianity is the right path for me. At a point i decided to walk the path of atheism but i found that i believe within me that there's a higher power, he may not operate at the pace i want but he certainly operates.
I write this because I've come to a place of great understanding and peace which hasn't always existed for me. I was a christian back then, but the depth of peace and understanding i have now was never there until i finally chose Jesus. I didn't choose him because my family chose him for me but this time i did it for me.
Have you truly looked inward and decided the right path for you, not based on the opinions of others but the conviction you feel in your heart?
If you haven't, maybe it's time you did.... Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment