Hey y'all

Love for music has been the only constant thing in my life. Everything else is just unpredictable, amazing and at times, downright alarming! So, this blog is dedicated to music and my unpredictable, amazing and alarming life.... xoxo.





Monday, September 5, 2011

The Dress

I’m at a loss, I want to write about something that happened over the weekend with my friend but can’t help thinking, it’s about marriage and writing it will make it seem like I’m fixated on the whole marriage thing. Well, at the cost of seeming like a man hunter out to marry the next man who so much as looks at me, here goes…
She’s making my wedding dress, the one I’ve always dreamed of wearing, I designed it and even drew it ( I can’t draw to save my life but I did a pretty good drawing of this dress) and that’s the dress she’s going to make for her own wedding! Give me a gun now please!!! I have my hand over my face because I feel like such a petty cat but it does grate a little to know that the dress I always wanted and thought would be uniquely mine has been taken by someone else without my permission no less!! Here I go again being the petty cat (hand over my face).
I got to thinking, and I wondered, is it such a big deal that she’s going to be wearing my dress? Shouldn’t I be pleased she thought my design was good enough for her to make for her own wedding? All these are reasonable I believe, but it doesn’t change the fact that she took something that I was very passionate about and i feel betrayed. It’s pretty much like your friend stealing your man or your friend going to pay for the car you wanted despite knowing how badly you wanted it.
I guess there’ll always be times when people we care about will hurt our feelings; the best way to handle it is to let it go and do better for yourself. For instance, I’ve decided to design an even more fabulous dress for myself and the thought of that makes me happy. So, its straight to the drawing board for me. Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment