Hey y'all

Love for music has been the only constant thing in my life. Everything else is just unpredictable, amazing and at times, downright alarming! So, this blog is dedicated to music and my unpredictable, amazing and alarming life.... xoxo.





Friday, September 2, 2011

When you give me love…..

Right now, I’m listening to Katie Melua’s – No fear of Heights, and it’s the most beautiful song ever, I can’t get over it and I don’t want to. I’ve got it on replay and I’ve also decided that it’s going to be the first song my husband and I dance to on our wedding day! Any man who gets me to walk down the aisle with him totally deserves to have this amazing song dedicated to him.
On the wedding note, I have three of my best girls getting married between December and January, I am very happy for them but it also throws into sharp relief the fact that I am very single, a position my mother believes I’m determined to hold on to till she dies just to spite her for “training” me with knocks on the head while I was growing up:). On the contrary, I am more than willing to relinquish my hold on that title but for some reason I haven’t met anyone who I want to wake up next to for the rest of my life, they either have too much teeth or none at all:).
Seriously though, when I think about it, I realize that I could be married by now with maybe a kid or two but I’ve been waiting for someone who gives me love and I’ll have no fear of falling. Is that naive? Does such a thing exist? Have we been deceived by all those years of reading Mills & Boon into believing there’s a guy out there that will make us swoon and sigh with love? Does love really exist? I’m not asking about lust or sex but the real deal, that selfless giving that makes you sacrifice all you have and all you are?
I would really love to hear from a couple who have those feelings for one another so it’ll give those of us who have been holding out for it the nerve to keep going. How long can I keep waiting for it though? And what if it doesn’t exist? Dare I even begin to consider such a thing after all the time spent waiting?
I don’t have all the answers though but if there’s one thing I know for sure, it’s that with God all things are possible. So I guess he’s the hope I have that one day I’ll meet someone who makes the wait worth it 
Three weddings! The perfect reasons to splurge on shoes without feeling guilty! Yay! Bring me those weddings and really cute men, lol ;) xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment