Hey y'all

Love for music has been the only constant thing in my life. Everything else is just unpredictable, amazing and at times, downright alarming! So, this blog is dedicated to music and my unpredictable, amazing and alarming life.... xoxo.





Monday, February 13, 2012

All the man i need - Whitney Houston

So Whitney Houston is dead.
I woke up to the news yesterday morning and I felt terrible. It’s very remarkable how you can feel so strongly for someone you never met. I may not have met her but I met her voice and the beauty she communicated with it, it was and still is pretty darn amazing.
For someone who had such a fantastic career it’s so sad that towards the end she became a shadow of herself. I kept thinking she must have OD’ed and it seems I might be right. Damn, but that woman could sing, she gave me goose bumps… I remember the first time I heard “All the man I need” I was beside myself, she sang it with so much passion I knew I had to feel that type of contentment and love in my lifetime or I’ll never die.
That woman sang the soundtrack for many lives as my friend Q aptly said. I can only hope that we look beyond her weaknesses and remember her for the beautiful songs and movies she gave us.
I wasn’t going to mention Bobby because I believe we are all responsible for our actions, good or bad. I can’t help thinking he did introduce her to that messed up way of life and he managed to get clean but she couldn’t. The thought is quite upsetting so yesterday I asked God to please help me rub pepper in his eyes. Yes, I was that upset.
The good thing is her music will remain with us for all time and hopefully she’s resting in peace in God’s bosom, away from all the drama.
Till laters, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment