Hey y'all

Love for music has been the only constant thing in my life. Everything else is just unpredictable, amazing and at times, downright alarming! So, this blog is dedicated to music and my unpredictable, amazing and alarming life.... xoxo.





Saturday, June 12, 2010

To settle or not to settle.

I just got to thinking, are some of us just picky or are we downright judgemental? Somewhere in the recess of our minds, do we feel that we are better than some people and by God, what where they even thinking when they decided to walk up to us and ask us out! Is that the case or are we just on the search for "The One" and we are not willing to settle for anything else. Are we searching for that chemistry that always seems to elude us or, is the issue a mixture of both elements, the search for the one with the perfect chemistry and the case of pride. Or, does it go beyond that, into the inexplicable icon we have created in our mind of whom the perfect one is, which ensures that anyone who comes around and doesn't meet those (sometimes ridiculous or perhaps, not-so-ridiculous)standards becomes a first class irritant? Whatever the case may be, there are too many lonely people out there and the truth is, they're lonely because they arent taking any chances or, giving anyone the chance to make an impression. So what if you go out with the short, balding, potbellied dude with the crooked teeth! :0 yeah, i know, i amaze myself too! Seriously, that may be too much to ask but we could start somewhere, right? Well, i had an opportunity to start somewhere, with a God-fearing hardworking guy and i didnt take it. You ask why, i'll tell, i didnt take it because he didn't speak well enough for me, he wasn't suave enough, he didnt appreeciate my art, music and there was no zsa zsa zuu!
I guess, for some of us there's just no settling, and if you cant settle, what next? What if my paragon of virtue/ Adonis doesn't exist? Am i doomed to spend the rest of my life all by me lonesome! Now, thats a scary thought but i guess the heart wants what the heart wants! Or maybe this is me trying to ease my conscience and prepare myself for the future. There's this saying that if you believe, it'll come to you. I guess i'll let you know.... Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment