Hey y'all

Love for music has been the only constant thing in my life. Everything else is just unpredictable, amazing and at times, downright alarming! So, this blog is dedicated to music and my unpredictable, amazing and alarming life.... xoxo.





Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Talk, Speak, Say, Tell ... just let it out

Being busy is putting it mildly, i’m organising an Arts Exhibition and it’s been really tedious, I’m grateful for the opportunity to get involved in something new though so despite it being kinda stressful, I’m enjoying it. The not so great part about it is getting sponsors, how do you get off telling someone to give you 1 million when they aren’t even prepared to part with 1 naira?! Anyways, something will work out, I hope!
So, work is going great but my personal life as always is a total riot, I don’t know how I do it but I feel like I deserve an award for being “Impossible at relationships”. The only silver lining is that I made up with my best friend who I stopped speaking with because I just felt like not speaking with her. Ok, that’s not entirely true, I didn’t stop speaking with her because I just didn’t feel like. I did because I was going through a phase were I felt like I was in my own little world and going through my own personal struggles and no one understood. I felt like I was alone and I magically expected her to sense it and try to get me out of the hole I was sinking into but of course she is not a witch and didn’t know, considering that she had personal issues of her own and I didn’t talk to her.
Well, I eventually got over myself and mended the rift. I finally appreciate that there are times when the people who care about us will sense when there’s a problem, but sometimes they won’t. Sometimes we hide it so well that even when we’re hoping they see, they don’t. If you don’t talk about it or let someone in, there are chances you’ll drown in your pain because the truth is everyone has their own issues and much as they will love to help you, chances are they can’t see past their own pain. The trick is to stay open, to talk to one another and try to be the support system that friends and family are meant to be. People have lost out on great relationships because they couldn’t say what was on their minds, we can’t afford to keep making the same mistakes over and over again, just say what’s on your mind and hope for the best. No, work at the best.
Oh yea and I told a jerk he was a jerk with a few choice words and it felt totally amazing! I figure I should insult the crap out of people more, it’s quite liberating hehehe.. Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment