Hey y'all

Love for music has been the only constant thing in my life. Everything else is just unpredictable, amazing and at times, downright alarming! So, this blog is dedicated to music and my unpredictable, amazing and alarming life.... xoxo.





Thursday, September 20, 2012

She lives to conquer

Hallelujah!! I’m not dying! I’m not dying! It’s such a relief to know I’m gonna be ok!!!!!!!! Notice my oyibo? That’s excitement!!!! Wow, now I’m thinking, “Maybe I better get back on that diet since I’m not dying just yet” but then again, I think, “Haven’t I learnt anything?” The things that seemed so trivial then, maybe they don’t really matter but the truth is while you’re alive you’re alive and you will always want to control stuff. I’m certainly not going to be starving myself anymore I’ll just remember to keep it moderate. So, work’s good, my main focus has been organizing CUSPA but we’ve moved that forward so now I’m focused on creating content for our website and that’s going pretty well so I’m quite pleased. I miss my best friend, she’s been away for too long and I miss just sitting and chilling with her. We kinda made a pact that we hope we never have to keep but we agreed that if by 40 we are still single( at this point we quickly shout God forbid) we’ll move in together and continue life together so we don’t feel lonely and sad. It’s cute but the thought of two of us single at 40 gives me serious tummy upset! But she’s the closest thing I have to a sister and I love her to death. My “friend” who I really have to give a name so I can stop writing “friend” all the time… okay, let’s call him Marcus, I like that name, don’t ask why . So I was saying, Marcus will be moving away soon and that has me very upset, I mean I knew it wasn’t going to last forever but I’m not ready to let go just yet. You may ask moving to where? Out of the country? No, it’s not out of the country but for a girl like me, the distance from Lekki to Festac could as well be out of the country. Thing is, he might have to move jobs and when he does which I hope he will because it’ll be a very great opportunity for him, he’ll have to move to Festac and work will be at Ikeja. He’s going to get extra busy and if you know anything about Lagos you’ll understand that the traffic is not child’s play at all! So, where will we find the time? He’ll have to do his thing and still make time for his girlfriend, how will I fit into that equation? In a way, this may be a good thing you know, maybe this is nature’s way of helping us let go of each other because I don’t see either one of us doing that anytime soon and how long will it be before one of us goes and says or does something totally stupid? I don’t like it but when the time comes, I’ll deal, I hope. We talked about it and he says he’s sure I’ll forget him once he moves and I counter with, he’ll be too busy to even remember me. He says the friendship doesn’t have to end because he’s moving and I say of course it doesn’t but who are we kidding? I guess time will tell. I’m not dying! That’s wonderful and those 5 great years have been extended indefinitely, God willing. Let’s hope I make the most of it… let’s pray we make the most of it…Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment