Hey y'all

Love for music has been the only constant thing in my life. Everything else is just unpredictable, amazing and at times, downright alarming! So, this blog is dedicated to music and my unpredictable, amazing and alarming life.... xoxo.





Thursday, November 22, 2012

Time for everything

Why are some of us so stubborn? Why is it that the very thing we want is the one thing we shouldn’t? Why do we walk obstinately with eyes wide shut into a potentially volatile situation? Why do we try so hard to hold onto something or someone despite everyone saying we should let go and we know that we should? Masochism? Perhaps the challenge it brings? More like downright stupidity? If you’ve got it all figured out, please share this very critical information with me. I don’t feel very great, to be honest, I’m holding myself together and absolutely refusing to give into sadness and it gets hard. I guess it’s okay to be sad and it’s okay to be silly sometimes, as long as we don’t wallow in it. The wallowing I believe is where the problem lies; we get to wallowing and forget to get out of it. We all need time to be sad, to grieve, cleanse ourselves and move on. Personally, I think we also need a little help, in the form of a good friend who’ll listen to us rant and wail; a couple shots of my other friend Tequila, Uncle JD or my man VK; some music to go with the mood; some prayer… whatever it is, don’t do it alone, get help and remember, dont wallow! My God father used to say to me, you are not an island, no man is an island; I believe him now. I kinda feel better now after writing; let me also add that the last bit to the earlier Dead Man Walking was me adding my cheesy corny lines to the song. I totally ruined it but I was in the moment and had to add my own 2 cents ;) It will all be ok… sooner than you imagine. Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment